NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AUTHORITY DESIGN GUIDELINES. NEW CAR ENGINEERING
The project was designed to develop a revised and updated series of handbooks covering various aspects of the design, construction, and equipment of a modern rail rapid transit system. This document contains information on new car engineering.
- Prepared in cooperation with Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, New York. Paper copy also available in set of 12 reports as PB-251 641-SET, PC$70.00.
New York City Transit Authority370 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY USA 11201
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC USA 20590
Tri-State Transportation Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 269 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Assemblies (Equipment); Brakes; Building materials; Concrete finishing; Construction; Control devices; Control systems; Couplers; Design; Door handles; Doors; Fabrication; Frames; Guidelines; Handbooks; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Motors; Painting; Passenger cars; Propulsion; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Safety equipment; Systems engineering; Technology; Traction; Trucks; Undercarriages; Vehicle design; Vehicle frames; Vehicle power plants
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Assembling; Braking systems; Door operating mechanisms; Passenger car design; Propulsion controls; Rapid transit railways; Underframes
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., UMTA-IT-09-0014-75-10
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM