NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AUTHORITY DESIGN GUIDELINES. POWER
The Power Standards for new lines provide the basic concepts for the design of traction power systems for new routes. The Standards describe the criteria used for the determination of the power requirements, the parameters used in the selection of substation sites and the types of electrical equipment employed for the conversion of High Tension AC power to DC traction power. They include the techniques used to control the power system from one control point and the means by which each substation can be controlled in the event of a supervisory cable failure. The Standards also describe the methods employed to give maximum safety in the substations and on the railroad in case of faults or emergencies. These guides should prove helpful in the design of traction power systems for new routes.
- Prepared in cooperation with Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, New York. Paper copy also available in set of 12 reports as PB-251 641-SET, PC$70.00.
New York City Transit Authority370 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY United States 11201
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC United States 20590
Tri-State Transportation Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric circuits; Electric power; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Electric railroads; Electric substations; Electrical equipment; Energy consumption; Handbooks; High voltage; Rail transit facilities; Railroad electrification; Rapid transit; Remote control; Safety; Traction; Transmission lines; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Instructions
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Power equipment; Power requirement; Rapid transit railways; Traction systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., UMTA-IT-09-0014-75-9
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM