NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AUTHORITY DESIGN GUIDELINES. TRACK AND CONTACT RAIL
The project was designed to develop a revised and updated series of handbooks covering various aspects of the design, construction, and equipment of a modern rail rapid transit system. This volume deals with track and contact rail.
- Prepared in cooperation with Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, New York. Paper copy also available in set of 12 reports as PB-251 641-SET, PC$70.00.
New York City Transit Authority370 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY United States 11201
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC United States 20590
Tri-State Transportation Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Building; Classification; Concrete slab track; Crossovers; Design; Electric power supply; Facilities; Guidelines; Handbooks; Installation; Rail transit facilities; Railroad electrification; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Specifications; Structural design; Switches (Railroads); Third rail; Track components
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Design criteria; Switches; Track design
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., UMTA-IT-09-0014-75-7
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM