NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AUTHORITY DESIGN GUIDELINES. STATION PLANNING
The project was designed to develop a revised and updated series of handbooks covering various aspects of the design, construction, and equipment of a modern rail rapid transit system. This volume covers station planning.
- Prepared in cooperation with Tri-State Regional Planning Commission, New York. Paper copy also available in set of 12 reports as PB-251 641-SET, PC$70.00.
New York City Transit Authority370 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY USA 11201
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC USA 20590
Tri-State Transportation Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Car clearances (Railroads); Components; Design; Disasters and emergency operations; Doors; Electrical equipment; Fare collection; Fire causes; Fire prevention; Fires; Guidelines; Handbooks; Level of service; Maintenance; Passenger security; Passenger terminals; Planning; Prevention; Protection; Public address systems; Radio; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Safety; Standards; Structural design; Surveillance; Telephone; Toilet facilities
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Emergency procedures; Services
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Circulation; Clearances; Passenger station design; Platforms; Rapid transit railways; Toilets
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00133287
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., UMTA-IT-09-0014-75-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1982 12:00AM