TECHNOLOGY. THE ART OF IN-VEHICLE NAVIGATION
Mobile navigation systems allow drivers to plan a route, select an alternate course in route, and/or respond quickly to changing traffic conditions. In this brief article, mobile navigation systems are described and their capabilities detailed. This new form of mobile technology is currently being introduced in the United States market.
- This publication is a supplement to ENR (Engineering News Record).
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Wilsterman, D
- Publication Date: 1994-11-28
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 6-7
- TRT Terms: Driving; Intelligent transportation systems; Navigation systems; System design; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00670343
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1994 12:00AM