IMPROVED EFFECTIVENESS OF TRAFFIC SIGNAL SYSTEMS
This is the concluding report for this project and summarizes the findings of the six separate reports. They are: Semi-actuated signal study preliminary report - Jan. 15, 1971, Improved signal systems timing strategies, small network - May 16, 1972, Effects of changes in signal operations on traffic flow - Jan. 8, 1973, Conventional signal network timing strategies - Jan. 17, 1973, The use of TRANS traffic simulation - a critique - revised Feb. 15, 1974, and Semi-actuated signals on arterial streets, final report - revised June 10, 1975.
- Also pub. as California State Dept. of Transportation, Sacramento, Rept. no. CA-DOT-TR-3120-6-75-2. See also PB-250 500. Sponsored by the California Department of
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Thomas, G J
- Shuken, H L
- Taylor, S S
- Publication Date: 1975-6-10
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Arterial highways; Cities; Cities and towns; Improvements; Measures of effectiveness; Optimization; Performance evaluations; Semi traffic actuated controllers; Streets; Systems analysis; Traffic flow; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal timing; Traffic signals; Traffic simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Semiactuated traffic signals; Summarizing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00133230
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: LACIDT-Staff-66.03 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM