SMALL CITY TRANSIT: SUMMARY OF STATE AIR PROGRAMS
The document presents a review of the financial and technical assistance that each state provides to communities of less than 200,000 population. In one section, state capital and operating assistance is examined. A separate section discusses the availability of technical and planning assistance. For all types of state assistance, administration procedures, funding strategies and sources, and interaction with UMTA requirements are presented. Data sheets and summary tables showing aid programs by state are presented in the Appendix. Examples of transit services operating in other communities are covered in UMTA-MA-06-0049-76-2, through -14 and include, respectively: Amherst, Massachusetts, Ann Arbor, Michigan; Bremerton, Washington; Chapel Hill, North Carolina; East Chicago, Indiana; El Cajon, California; Eugene/Springfield, Oregon; Evansville, Indiana; Merced, California; Merrill, Wisconsin; Sudbury, Massachusetts; Westport, Connecticut; Xenia, Ohio.
- See also PB-251 501.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Casey, R
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Disasters and emergency operations; Finance; Financing; Hazards and emergency operations; Local government; Planning; Public transit; State aid; Systems engineering; Technical assistance; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Transportation management; Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: California; Connecticut; Indiana; Massachusetts; Michigan; North Carolina; Ohio; Oregon; Washington (State); Wisconsin
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00133220
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-76-5-15Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0049-76-15
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-0049
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM