SMALL CITY TRANSIT: WESTPORT, CONNECTICUT. COMPREHENSIVE TRANSIT SERVICE IN AN AFFLUENT SUBURBAN COMMUNITY
Westport, Connecticut is an illustration of a fixed-route transit service operating in an affluent suburban community. This case study is one of thirteen examples of a transit service in a small community. The background of the community is discussed along with a description of the implementation process and operational characteristics of the transit service. The process through which the community responds to the specific needs for transit service within the local content is stressed.
- See also PB-251 514.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Misner, J
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; City planning; Communities; Economic impacts; Local government; Planning; Public transit; Routes; Small cities; Suburbs; Technical assistance; Transportation; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00133218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-76-5-13Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0049-76-13
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-0049
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1982 12:00AM