SMALL CITY TRANSIT: EUGENE/SPRINGFIELD, OREGON. EXTENSIVE COUNTY-WIDE TRANSIT COVERAGE
Eugene/Springfield, Oregon is an illustration of a fixed-route transit service with extensive county-wide coverage. This case study is one of thirteen examples of a transit service in a small community. The background of the community is discussed along with a description of the implementation process and operational characteristics of the transit service. The process through which the community responds to the specific needs for transit service within the local content is stressed.
- See also PB-251 509.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- KENDALL, D
- Reed, D
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; City planning; Communities; Fixed routes; Local government; Measurement; Planning; Public transit; Small cities; Technical assistance; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Oregon
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00133213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-76-5-8 Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0049-76-8
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-0049
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM