SMALL CITY TRANSIT: EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA. CITY-WIDE SHARED-RIDE TAXI SERVICE
El Cajon, California, is an illustration of a shared ride taxi service. This case study is one of thirteen examples of a transit service in a small community. The background of the community is discussed along with a description of the implementation process and operational characteristics of the transit service. The process through which the community responds to the specific needs for transit service within the local content is stressed.
- See also PB-251 508.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Casey, R
- Paul, G
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Communities; Local government; Paratransit services; Planning; Public transit; Small cities; Taxicabs; Technical assistance; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00133212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0049-76-7Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-0049
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM