STRATIFIED CHARGE ENGINES
This report reviews stratified charge concepts and engines, with emphasis on the important issues of exhaust emissions, fuel economy, and performance. Divided and open chamber designs are discussed. Potential improvements in exhaust emissions and fuel economy are considered in detail. Significant engine programs discussed include those of the Ford, Texaco, and Honda companies. Other variations are described as information is available. Results of programs for the test and evaluation of newly developed and modified conventional engines, particularly engines in test vehicles, are provided.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Withjack, E M
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Energy; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Internal combustion engines; Motor fuels; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Stratified charge engines; Tests; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133201
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSGOST-75-56 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM