COMPARISON OF PRESENCE AND PULSE LOOP DETECTORS FOR ACTUATED TRAFFIC SIGNALS
This research effort attempts to compare the effectiveness of various combinations of presence and pulse-type induction loop detectors in reducing intersection delay at a fully-actuated signalized intersection. Various combinations and lengths of detectors were utilized on both the major and minor approaches during a peak and off-peak period. Amounts of intersection delay were recorded by multiple time-lapse cameras operating simultaneously above the intersection area.
North Carolina State University, RaleighRaleigh, NC USA 27695
- Cribbins, P D
- Meyer, C A
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Data collection; Electromagnetic induction; Field tests; Highway traffic control; Intersections; Loop detectors; Mathematical analysis; Photography; Pulses; Signalized intersections; Traffic; Traffic actuated controllers; Traffic delays; Traffic signals; Vehicle detectors
- Old TRIS Terms: Periodic variations; Photographic techniques; Pulsation; Pulse methods
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00133171
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ERSD-110-71-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM