PROGRAM TAXISTATS: A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM FOR PROCESSING AND ANALYZING TAXICAB COMPANY STATISTICS
This report presents the results of a study designed to develop software for reporting taxicab company statistics. It provides a general description of the data processing and report generation systems and discusses certain problems and issues associated with the sample design and implementation of the system. Topics addressed in the chapter on system description are: data collection and preliminary file preparation; final file preparation; printing of final reports; schedule problems; and industrywide reports. Appendices contain sample input forms for program taxistats, sample printouts of tables generated by the taxistats program, and examples of industrywide analysis.
- Prepared by Wells Research Co., Silver Spring, Md.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Wells Research Company607 Valleybrook Drive
Silver Spring, MD USA 20940
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Common carriers; Computer programming; Computer programs; Data collection; Data processing; Management; Passenger transportation; Records management; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Taxicabs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Records
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00133170
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-06-0029-75-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 2003 12:00AM