U.S. PIPELINES REPORT MIXED RESULTS FOR 1993
U.S. natural gas pipelines started 1994 in generally better condition than a year earlier. These companies' operational and financial results for 1993 indicate modest but continuing improvement. Petroleum liquids pipelines, on the other hand, suffered reduced revenues and incomes in 1993; increased deliveries and trunkline movement of liquid petroleum products failed fully to offset fewer barrels of crude oil moving through the companies' pipeline systems. Overall the federally regulated interstate pipelines used fewer miles of line in 1993, the most recent year for which data are available. Those companies classified by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) as major natural gas pipelines, however, increased mileage in 1993 and, despite an overall decline in operating revenues for all natural gas pipelines, increased both revenues and net incomes for 1993. The interstate natural gas pipelines continued to move away from their former roles as merchants of natural gas to their newer roles as transporters. Among the data presented in this report are the following: pipeline revenues, incomes for 1993; current pipeline costs; estimated versus actual pipeline costs; current compressor construction costs; estimated versus actual compressor costs; U.S. interstate mileage; investment in liquids pipelines; 10-year construction cost trend; top 10 interstate liquids lines; top 10 interstate gas lines; liquids pipeline companies; and gas pipeline companies.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00301388
- Page range: pp 41-50, 55, 57-63.
PennWell Publishing Company1421 South Sheridan, P.O. Box 1260
Tulsa, OK United States 74101
- True, W R
- Publication Date: 1994-11-21
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- Oil and Gas Journal
- Volume: 92
- Issue Number: 47
- Publisher: PennWell Publishing Company
- ISSN: 0030-1388
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Income; Investments; Natural gas pipelines; Pipeline companies; Pipeline transportation; Revenues; Trend (Statistics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Mileage
- Old TRIS Terms: Petroleum liquids pipelines; Pipeline economics; Pipeline transporters
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00669050
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1994 12:00AM