COMMAND AND CONTROL STUDIES FOR PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT, PROGRAM STATUS, 1974
The document reviews the APL effort on command and control systems for circulation and distribution applications. A brief history of the program is given, together with the results of the work and its effects on system performance. The discussion is divided into an investigation of vehicle management (the controlling of a fleet of vehicles in terms of scheduling, dispatching, empty vehicle allocation, and station operation) and an investigation of vehicle regulation (the controlling of an individual vehicle either alone or within a string of vehicles). A bibliography of the reports, papers, and significant memoranda relating to this work is included, as well as summary descriptions of the major digital computer simulations that have been developed in support of these investigations.
- See also PB-231681.
Johns Hopkins University, LaurelApplied Physics Laboratory, 11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD USA 20723-6099
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- HINMAN, E J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Automated guideway transit; Automated vehicle control; Automatic control; Command and control systems; Command guidance; Digital computers; Dispatching; Fleet management; Highway traffic control; Intelligent transportation systems; Optimization; Personal rapid transit; Rapid transit; Routes; Scheduling; Simulation; Spacing; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems; Command systems; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133089
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt., UMTA-MD-06-0018-74-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-30010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 1982 12:00AM