FAA JT3D QUIET NACELLE RETROFIT FEASIBILITY PROGRAM. VOLUME II. ADDENDUM A. MODEL AND FULL SCALE PLUG NOZZLE TESTS
Previous tests of plug nozzles (documented in Volume 2 of this report) resulted in conflicting evidence of acoustic suppression. Model scale plug nozzles provided significant jet noise suppression; limited or no noise suppression was observed during tests of full scale plug nozzles. The tests reported in this addendum were performed to identify the reason for noncorrelation between model and full scale acoustic results.
- Addendum A to Rept. no. D3-9042-3, dated Apr 74, AD-A012 969.
BOEING COMPANYSEATTLE, WA USA
- Mayer, J E
- Linscheid, L L
- Veldman, H F
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 222 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Jet engines; Jet transports; Nacelles; Noise; Noise control; Nozzles; Plugs (Fillers); Retrofitting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Full scale systems; Jet engine nacelles; Jet engine noise
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00133029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D3-9042-6, FAA-RD-73-131-2-Add-A
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA71WA-2628
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 2002 12:00AM