AREA NAVIGATION HIGH ALTITUDE PAYOFF ANALYSIS ENROUTE FAST TIME SIMULATION RESULTS
A series of fast time simulations of high altitude route structures were conducted as a part of the FAA Area Navigation Engineering and Development Program Plan. This report presents the results of these simulations and supersedes the Preliminary Fast Time Simulation Results Report dated August, 1974. System/user payoff conclusions are presented based on the results of the simulations and observations by the author. While the limitations of fast time simulation resulting from the lack of controller intervention effects are recognized, the simulation techniques employed provide, as a minimum, a substantial basis for the identification of well marked trends and a sizeable data base upon which a reasonable degree of confidence can be placed.
- See also report dated Sep 74, AD-787 432.
- Cassell, R
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 550 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Altitude; Conflict (Psychology); Databases; Navigation; Routing; Simulation; Systems analysis; Test procedures; Trend (Statistics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: High altitude
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00133025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-76-26, FAA044-326
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 23 2002 12:00AM