LOAD TESTING AND RESIDUAL STRESS MEASUREMENTS IN CONCRETE BRIDGES
Methods of carrying out static and moving load testing are briefly outlined and examples of their use given. The usefulness of load testing is highlighted particularly with regard to composite forms of bridge deck where an enhanced stiffness has been observed. The use of coring techniques to assess residual stress in a concrete structure is then considered. The strain gauge system employed is described and its effectiveness assessed. The technique has been extensively used in conjunction with supplementary load testing particularly in connection with segmental post-tensioned decks.For the covering abstract see IRRD 864951.
SURVEYOR32 VAUXHALL BRIDGE ROAD
LONDON, United Kingdom SW1V 2SS
- LINDSELL, P
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearing capacity; Bridges; Conferences; Repeated loads; Test procedures
- ITRD Terms: 3085: Bearing capacity; 3455: Bridge; 8525: Conference; 5588: Repetitive loading; 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures;
- Accession Number: 00668039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Nov 2 1994 12:00AM