IMPROVED PASSENGER TRAIN SERVICE
These proceedings comprise a report of a conference at Carnegie-Mellon University in December 1975. The object was appraisal of current rail passenger service with a view towards the prospects of improved service in the future. The 22 papers were presented in five sessions: Overview in which the need for improved service was established and the historical implications examined; technology and economic problems; research areas of high potential; proposed passenger train concepts and national passenger system developments; implementation and acceptance covering promotion of service.
- Proceedings of the Carnegie-Mellon Conference on Improved Passenger Train Service, December 2-4, 1975.
Carnegie Mellon UniversityTransportation Research Institute
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 358 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Marketing; Passenger service; Policy; Subsidies; Technology
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00132988
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM