STATE OF THE ART OF UNDERGROUND COAL MINE TRACKED VEHICLE BRAKE SYSTEMS. REVISED REPORT
Underground coal mine tracked vehicles were studied to determine the state of the art and how brakes might be added to the coal haulage cars. Specific areas of interest were brake systems, couplers, car trucks, and car handling procedures. Problems related to adding brakes to the haulage cars appeared to be the limited amount of room to mount the brakes on the cars, brake line connection between rotary dump cars, achieving desirable braking characteristics without over complicating the system, and keeping the installation cost to a reasonable figure.
Bendix Research Laboratories2800 Ten and One-Half Mile Road
Southfield, MI USA 48076
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Coal mining; Mine haulage
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00132986
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: H0110896
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 2003 12:00AM