NATIONAL PROGRAM PLAN FOR INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS (ITS). VOLUME 2. FINAL DRAFT
This volume, Volume 2, of the National Program Plan (NPP) for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) contains the individual user service development plans. The plans describe the needs that led to the user service, the service and how it might operate, the technologies that could be used, and the major milestones and activities needed to reach deployment of the service. The individual user service plans also discuss potential costs and benefits, and the role of the public and private sector in the development and deployment of the service. The user service plans are grouped in seven chapters: (1) Travel and Transportation Management; (2) Travel Demand Management; (3) Public Transportation Operations; (4) Electronic Payment; (5) Commercial Vehicle Operations; (6) Emergency Management; and (7) Advanced Vehicle Control and Safety Systems.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Benefits; Commercial vehicle operations; Costs; Development; Electronics; Emergency management; Governments; Hazards and emergency operations; Intelligent transportation systems; Payment; Private enterprise; Public transit; Transportation operations; Travel demand management; Vehicle safety
- Identifier Terms: National ITS Program Plan
- Uncontrolled Terms: Electronic payment; Transportation management; User services
- Old TRIS Terms: Development plans; Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00670409
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 9 1994 12:00AM