BREVARD COUNTY TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN 1995-1999
The Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) has contracted with the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners to prepare a five-year Transit Development Plan for Brevard County and Space Coast Area Transit. Each transit property in Florida that receives State Transit Block Grant Funding is required to prepare a transit development plan. This requirement is intended to ensure that the provisions of public transportation service be consistent with the travel needs and mobility goals of the community. In establishing a strategic context for transit planning, the transit development plan will serve as a guide in the future development of the transit system. Relevant plan characteristics covered in this report include an exclusive focus on transit, an emphasis on transit's role at the community level, and explicit consideration of external factors affecting the viability of the transit system.
- Prepared for: Space Coast Area Transit.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Development; Fixed routes; Paratransit services; Public transit; Urban development; Vanpools
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit development plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00669098
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1994 12:00AM