PASSENGER ASSISTANCE AND SENSITIVITY TRAINING FOR THE FLORIDA RURAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM. PHASE I - FINAL REPORT
Many transportation providers in rural areas have few resources to devote to training. The Rural Transit Assistance Program was established nationally and within Florida to address this need, among others. The Florida Department of Transportation discovered a particular need for passenger assistance and sensitivity training and, in Spring of 1994, contracted with the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) to prepare and present three training workshops to Florida's rural transportation providers under the Florida Rural Transit Assistance Program. This report presents the highlights of the project.
- Prepared for: Transit Office, Office of Public Transportation, Florida Department of Transportation.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Federal assistance programs; Passenger service; Rural transit; Sensitivity; Training; Training devices
- Identifier Terms: Rural Transit Assistance Program
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00669096
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1994 12:00AM