SAR COMMUNICATION STUDY, PHASE 2: FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This document describes the functional requirements for each significant existing SAR communication service, including the Coast Guard radio station network, particularly its VHF component; public cellular mobile networks; mobile satellite systems, particularly Inmarsat and MSAT; and special mobile communications systems and equipment. The document analyzes the existing and future communications systems that could partially or entirely accommodate the SAR functional requirements efficiently. It proposes communications systems strategies along with an associated system enhancement program that would result in an early availability of a SAR communication capability.
DTI Telecom Inc.Montreal, Canada
Transportation Development CentreOttawa, Canada
Canadian Coast Guard. Search & Rescue., Canada
- Welt, T
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 515 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Emergencies; Maps; Search and rescue operations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00675738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 4 2002 12:00AM