FUNDAMENTALS OF VEHICLE DYNAMICS
The first book providing comprehensive coverage of vehicle dynamics in a single volume, 'Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics' provides a foundation of engineering principles and analytical methods to explain the performance of an automotive vehicle, with chapters focusing on: acceleration performance; braking performance; aerodynamics and rolling resistance; ride; tires; steady-state cornering; suspensions; steering systems; and, rollover. Acceleration, braking, turning and ride are among the most fundamental properties of a motor vehicle. To understand the vehicle as a system, it is necessary to acquire a knowledge of all these modes. Motion is the common denominator of all these modes; thus, the study of this field is denoted as vehicle dynamics. The book introduces the basic mechanics governing vehicle performance, and familiarizes the reader with analytical methods and terminology.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560911999
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 519 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Engineering; Mechanics; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle performance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00675436
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1560911999
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 2 1995 12:00AM