DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS AND IMPLEMENTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEXAS LONG-TERM PAVEMENT PERFORMANCE PROGRAM. INTERIM REPORT
This report summarizes the requirements for development of a long-term pavement performance (LTPP) program for the state of Texas. This work is part of a project sponsored by the Texas Department of Transportation to develop distress prediction models for rigid pavements which are to be incorporated in the Texas pavement management information system (PMIS) currently under development. As in other pavement management systems, test sections are identified for which distress data can be collected to develop the required models. An experiment design which keeps in view the existing LTPP and Center for Transportation Research (CTR) experiment designs is described. The recommended experiment designs meet the current pavement design standards, latest research criteria, and climatic and geographic needs of Texas. The experiment design is followed by a discussion of the type of data which should be collected. The data items to be collected are divided into two categories, (1) inventory data items and (2) monitoring data items. Inventory data item sources are also identified. The human and financial resources required to establish the database and maintain and monitor it periodically are also evaluated.
- Research study title: Texas Pavement Management Information System.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Saeed, A
- Hudson, W R
- Dossey, T
- Weissmann, J
- Publication Date: 1993-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 176 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Databases; Defects; Design; Experiments; Finance; Forecasting; Human resources management; Information processing; Inventory; Monitoring; Pavement distress; Pavement management systems; Pavement performance; Pavements; Rigid pavements; Test sections
- Identifier Terms: Long-Term Pavement Performance Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial sources; Human resources
- Old TRIS Terms: Inventory data; Monitoring data
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00675420
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-94+1908-2, Res Rept 1908-2, CTR 7-1908-2
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-1908
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1995 12:00AM