AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORT: IMPACT WITH BLAST FENCE UPON LANDING ROLLOUT, ACTION AIR CHARTERS FLIGHT 990, PIPER PA-31-350, N990RA, STRATFORD, CONNECTICUT, APRIL 27, 1994
This report explains the accident involving Action Air Charters flight 990, a PA-31-350 airplane, which crashed into a blast fence at the end of runway 6 after the airplane landed at Sikorsky Memorial Airport, Stratford, Connecticut, on April 27, 1994. Safety issues in the report focused on the instrument landing system, runway safety areas, runway lighting systems, and aircraft maintenance. Safety recommendations concerning these issues were made to the Federal Aviation Administration, the Connecticut Department of Transportation, the City of Bridgeport, and the Town of Stratford, Connecticut.
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1994-12-13
- Features: Appendices; Photos;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Aircraft; Fatalities; Fog; Instrument landing systems; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Blast fence; Runway lighting systems; Runway safety areas
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00675382
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/AAR-94/08, Notation 6350A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 27 1995 12:00AM