POLICY ISSUES OF AN IOWA LONGER COMBINATION VEHICLE NETWORK
This report explores policy issues related to Longer Combination Vehicles (LCVs) and the potential expansion of the LCV network to include Iowa. Specifically, the transportation service impacts and public policy issues are examined. The report is organized as follows: Chapter 1: Introduction and Longer Combination Vehicle Background - weight and length limits, LCV traffic markets, trucking productivity gains, future state level LCV policy issues; Chapter 2: Survey of LCV Permit Holders - questionnaire, conclusions; Chapter 3: Commodity Transport and Economic Factors - economic base data, freight traffic patterns, truck traffic analysis, conclusions; Chapter 4: Conclusions and Recommendations - issues promoting size and weight reform, traffic volumes, policy issues, conclusions; Appendix A: Survey for Longer Combination Vehicle Permit Holders (the questionnaire).
- Record URL:
- This study was sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program and the Iowa Department of Transportation.
Midwest Transportation CenterIowa State University, 2521 Elwood Drive, Suite 125
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Maze, T
- Walter, C K
- Smadi, A
- Publication Date: 1994-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Commodities; Data collection; Economic factors; Freight traffic; Impact studies; Laws; Public policy; Questionnaires; Railroad transportation; Size; Size and weight regulations; Surveys; Tractor trailer combinations; Traffic volume; Trend (Statistics); Trucking; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longer combination vehicles; Patterns
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic analysis (Freight)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00675241
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 9 1995 12:00AM