IOWA IN MOTION: PART I: A REPORT ON THE CONTINUING DEVELOPMENT OF IOWA'S TRANSPORTATION PLAN
Iowa's Transportation Plan has been divided into several parts. This report is Part I. It provides a report to Iowa's transportation customers that takes a look into the future using current trends and conditions, and outlines state transportation policies and plans guiding present investment decision making in Iowa's transportation system. It sets the framework for the journey already underway to build Iowa's future intermodal transportation system that is responsive to the needs of Iowa's and the Nation's transportation customers from now through the year 2020. The report is presented in five sections: (1) Introduction; (2) Federal Requirements; (3) Transportation Today: Current Policies and Plans; (4) A Discussion of Iowa's Future; and (5) Addressing the Future: The Issues.
- This project was partially funded by the Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration.
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA United States 50010
- Publication Date: 1994-12-13
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Highway transportation; Intermodal transportation; Pipeline transportation; Policy; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Transportation planning; Trend (Statistics); Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00675234
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 8 1995 12:00AM