GIS PROTOCOL AND DATA STRUCTURES FOR THE TEXAS TRAVEL DEMAND PACKAGE. INTERIM REPORT
The Texas Travel Demand Package is a set of computer programs used to perform travel demand analysis and forecasting. This document demonstrates the applicability of a Geographic Information System (GIS) for Transportation to the Texas Travel Demand Package. First, a brief overview of GIS is given. Then, variables and functions which can be directly applied to a GIS are outlined. A description of the possible enhancement to the functionality and efficiency of the travel demand forecasting environment follows. Finally, an annotated bibliography of GIS applications in travel demand modeling is presented.
- Research study title: Texas Travel Demand Package.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Williams, T A
- Dresser, G B
- Publication Date: 1994-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Computer programs; Demand; Forecasting; Geographic information systems; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Texas travel demand package
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00675191
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-94/947-8, Res Rept 947-8, TTI: 7-947
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-947
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 3 1995 12:00AM