COMMERCIAL VEHICLE PREVENTABLE ACCIDENT MANUAL: A GUIDE TO COUNTERMEASURES
The manual discusses countermeasures which may be used to reduce the incidence of preventable Commercial Motor Vehicle accidents. It contains a table of typical accident situations keyed to individually numbered countermeasure or guide sheets. For each accident situation, some potential causes are listed, together with the principal and secondary countermeasures which may help address those causes. Each countermeasure referenced in the table is fully described on an individual sheet which contains tips and questions intended to prompt the reader to focus on strategies that could be implemented to counter the indicated accident situation.
- Sponsored by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC.
Transportation Safety Institute6500 South MacArthur Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK United States 73125
- Uzgiris, S C
- Dilich, M A
- Publication Date: 1991-7
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Countermeasures; Crashes; Prevention; Safety; Studies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Accident studies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00674100
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 26 1995 12:00AM