WESTERN STATES TRANSPARENT BORDERS PROJECT: INSTITUTIONAL BARRIERS AND RECOMMENDED ACTIONS, IDAHO
This report provides a review of the Intelligent Vehicle Highway System (IVHS) Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) technologies that appear to be appropriate for application in Idaho. It describes the barriers to implementing the IVHS CVO technologies and the steps needed to surmount those barriers. The report is intended to serve as a blueprint for state agency efforts to successfully and incrementally improve the efficiency with which trucking industry operations are regulated.
- See also PB94-121381 and PB94-191954. Prepared in cooperation with Dye Management Group, Bellevue, WA. and Washington State Department of Transportation, Olympia. Sponsored by Idaho Transportation Dept., Boise, and Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC.
Washington State Transportation CenterUniversity of Washington, 1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 535
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Scheibe, R R
- Hallenbeck, M
- Koehne, J
- Rose, D
- Leech, J
- Publication Date: 1993-8
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Institutional issues; Intelligent transportation systems; Technology assessment; Trucking
- Geographic Terms: Idaho
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00674082
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 17 1995 12:00AM