FEASIBILITY OF WATERBORNE PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION ALONG BOSTON'S CHARLES RIVER
The purpose of this report was to analyze the feasibility of instituting commuter ferry service on Boston's Charles River from Newton, MA, a suburb of Boston to points in Cambridge, MA and Boston. The Urban Harbors Institute utilized survey, telephone query, personal interview, on site inspection and document research to gather the information upon which it has based this report.
- Sponsored by Federal Transit Administration, Washington, DC. Office of Technical Assistance and Safety.
University of Massachusetts, Boston85 Devonshire Street
Boston, MA United States 02109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- LaBranche, N A
- Pilsch, M C
- Publication Date: 1994-5
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Ferry service; Passenger transportation; Surveys; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Boston (Massachusetts)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00674067
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-MA-06-0197-94-5
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1995 12:00AM