FACTORS INFLUENCING VISIBILITY THROUGH MOTOR VEHICLE WINDSHIELDS AND WINDOWS: REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE
The purpose of the report is to review, critique, and summarize the open literature describing the effects of motor vehicle window transmittance, reflectance, veiling glare, wear, dirt, and special properties on driver visual performance and privacy. 33 articles, primarily from the published literature, were examined and summaries provided.
- See also PB-238 573 and PB85-164267.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Sayer, J R
- Traube, E C
- Publication Date: 1994-7
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Drivers; Guides to the literature; Literature reviews; Vehicle design; Visibility; Vision; Visual perception; Windows (Vehicles); Windshields
- Old TRIS Terms: Driver vision
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00674052
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTRI-94-20
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 6 1995 12:00AM