TAC 1993 ANNUAL CONFERENCE "TRANSPORTATION AND NATIONAL PROSPERITY" R&D COUNCIL SESSIONS
This annual conference consisted of Two Sessions. In Session I, "Perspectives on Strategic R&D Planning", the following reports were included: Opportunities and Directions for the Development of Transportation in Canada; R&D Strategic Planning in Transport Canada; Public Sector Support for Transportation Research and Development; Orientation and Program for Research and Development at the Ministry of Transportation of Quebec; Strategic Planning a New Research Institute: NRC's Centre for Surface Transportation Technology; Research and Development: Strategic Planning in a Competitive Environment. Session II, "Survey of Modal Issues and Opportunities for Future Technology Applications", included: The Aviation Industry in Transition; Development of the Canadian Marine Transportation Industry Electronic Navigation and Water Level Management Technologies; Railway Research: Making Gains in Safety, Productivity, and Competitiveness; Some Thoughts on Truck Research in Canada.
- Annual Conference held September 21, 1993, Ottawa, Canada.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Publication Date: 1993-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Aviation; Development; Modal split; Railroads; Research; Strategic planning; Trucking; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Modal distribution
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00673998
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1995 12:00AM