STRATEGIES FOR URBAN NOISE ABATEMENT: AN OVERVIEW
This report examines the levels of action, national and international, at which administrative and regulatory measures can be taken (1) to reduce noise at source (development of new products, setting up of standards for products in use, noise-related landing charges on aircraft, imposition of limits for noise from fixed sources), and (2) to reduce exposure to noise (isolation of noise sources, planning and noise abatement, routing and design of new roads, compensation, regulation of air and road traffic). Suggestions are put forward for the development of A rational noise abatement programme, and the allocation of tasks at local, national and international level is discussed. /TRRL/
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Design; Electric insulating materials; Environment; Federal government; Highway design; Insulating materials; International; Laws; Legislation; Local government agencies; Noise control; Policy; Prevention; Regulations; Reviews; Sound; Specifications; Taxation; Taxes; Traffic noise; Urban areas; Vehicles
- ITRD Terms: 1057: Air transport network; 9011: Design (overall design); 183: Government (national); 2855: Highway design; 6914: Insulation; 9034: International; 1556: Legislation; 192: Local authority; 173: Policy; 9149: Prevention; 1063: Railway network; 6748: Sound; 177: Specifications; 268: Tax; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00132286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM