CARGO ROUTES: TRUCK ROADS AND NETWORKS
The sustained growth of truck traffic in OECD countries calls for management innovation, intermodal coordination, and new infrastructure approaches. To guide future policies, an international OECD task force has assessed the pros and cons of cargo routes, truck roads, and dedicated networks. Road design features and freight vehicle configurations are evaluated, as are traffic control techniques, safety effects, truck noise, and air pollution. Includes a variety of relevant statistics from come countries.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9264136355
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1992-4
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Traffic noise; Truck routes; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00673908
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9264136355
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 2 1995 12:00AM