PLANNING OF TRANSPORT OPERATIONS
This report is prepared as the background to a lecture to be delivered to Scottish local authorities as part of the introduction of the transport policies and programmes system. The emphasis is on that part of the process which is concerned with making the best use of existing infrastructure and capital equipment. A general account is given of research results and recent relevant experience and an attempt is made to make a coherent picture of the present state of knowledge arising from operational studies of transport and transport policies. In a final section the plan-making process itself is discussed; it is suggested that the annually cyclic nature of the tpp process leads naturally to an annual cycle of plan revision in the light of measures which monitor the objectives. This has implications for the manner in which objectives are formulated. (A) /TRRL/
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- Hitchcock, ATM
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Operations; Planning; Policy; Public transit; Research; Traffic control; Traffic restraint; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- ITRD Terms: 1144: Operations (transp network); 143: Planning; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 654: Traffic control; 633: Traffic restraint
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00132281
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Lab Rpt. 671 R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 23 1981 12:00AM