GUIDELINES FOR RESPONSE TO MAJOR FREEWAY INCIDENTS - RESPONSE MANUAL. INTERIM REPORT
A two-year study to develop guidelines to respond to major freeway incidents is currently in progress. This study seeks to establish guidelines for application statewide in large and small cities for the preparation of an incident management plan or the improvement of an existing incident management plan. The research investigation and project work during the first fourteen months of this project resulted in the development of this report. This manual is intended to be used as a resource document for transportation related agencies responding to roadway incidents in Texas. This report presents specific procedures to follow when responding to incidents. In addition, appropriate steps are outlined for effective interagency communication and cooperation in incident response. The remainder of this study will concentrate on working with three case study cities to test and evaluate the guidelines. These results will be presented in the final research report.
- Research study title: Development of Guidelines for Traffic Management in Response to Major Freeway Incidents.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McCasland, W R
- Ogden, M A
- Mounce, J M
- Ullman, G L
- Middleton, D R
- Publication Date: 1994-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Cooperation; Freeways; Guidelines; Highway traffic control; Interagency relations; Manuals; Traffic incidents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Incidents
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00672577
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-94/1345-1, Res Rept 1345-1, TTI: 0-1345
- Contract Numbers: Study No. 0-1345
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 17 1995 12:00AM