ECONOMIC INDICATORS: THE MOTOR VEHICLE'S ROLE IN THE U.S. ECONOMY - 3RD QUARTER 1994
In the third quarter of 1994, America's Car Companies again experienced strong car and truck sales, despite slight decreases from the second quarter. Employment in the industry remained steady, averaging 870,000 persons, 45,000 more than in the third quarter of 1993. Capacity utilization, totalling 84.1%, was the highest third quarter figure since 1985, and up from 70.8% during the third quarter of 1993. Because of the continued strength of the market, many analysts continue to forecast strong sales for this year and in 1995. "Economic Indicators" provides an historic summary of motor vehicle production, sales, employment and profits in the United States, along with providing an outlook for the balance of 1994 and beyond.
American Automobile Manufacturers AssociationGovernment Affairs Division, 1401 H Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1994-11-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Economics; Employment; Forecasting; Market assessment; Motor vehicle industry; Production; Profits; Sales
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00672504
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 6 1995 12:00AM