CONCRETE BRIDGE PROTECTION AND REHABILITATION: CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL TECHNIQUES. PRICE AND COST INFORMATION
The purpose of this report is to provide cost information on chemical and physical techniques for concrete bridge protection and rehabilitation. The information provided here constitutes an essential component in the process of determining life-cycle costs for ranking of alternative protection-rehabilitation techniques. Most of the cost data were obtained from bid tabulations provided by state highway agencies (SHAs). 14 SHAs and two toll road agencies, covering all major geographic regions of the country, were visited. 12 of these provided bid tabulation data. A total of 829 tabulations were utilized. Costs obtained from the bid tabulations were converted to mid-1991 national average values. The procedure developed to do this was derived from published cost indexes. The national average cost data for each protection/rehabilitation treatment were then subjected to detailed statistical analysis in order to develop cost models reflecting the effects of 4 independent variables - work quantity, number of bids, total contract cost, and cost of maintenance and protection of traffic. 8 combinations of these 4 variables were developed to be independent variables in the regression analyses. An inverse power mathematical model was used.
- See also PB94-120300. Prepared in cooperation with Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State University, Blacksburg. Sponsored by Strategic Highway Research Program, Washington, DC.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA United States 16802
- GGannon, E J
- Cady, P D
- Weyers, R E
- Publication Date: 1993-7
- Pagination: 290 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bridges; Chemicals; Concrete bridges; Costs; Driver rehabilitation; Maintenance; Physical condition; Protection; Soil stabilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge maintenance; Cost analysis; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical treatments; Concrete bridge structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00672266
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SHRP-S-664
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 26 1995 12:00AM