AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) PARATRANSIT ELIGIBILITY MANUAL
The manual provides guidance to transit providers in the development and implementation of ADA paratransit eligibility determination processes. Common questions raised about eligibility are addressed. Experience gained in the first one and a half years of implementation of the ADA complementary paratransit provisions is also summarized. As part of the preparation of the manual, public entities that had particular expertise and experience with eligibility determination were contacted and copies of the forms and procedures which they had developed were collected. Key issues raised by these transit providers are included in the text and copies of sample forms and policies are provided in the appendices.
- Record URL:
- See also PB92-114511, PB93-137065 and PPB93-180214. Prepared in cooperation with Battelle, Columbus, OH. Sponsored by Department of Transportation, Washington, DC. Technology Sharing Program, and John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, MA.
EG&G Dynatrend21 Cabot Road
Woburn, MA United States 01801
Washington, DC United States 20590
- THATCHER, R H
- Publication Date: 1993-9
- Pagination: 335 p.
- TRT Terms: Manuals; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities; Special user groups
- Identifier Terms: Americans with Disabilities Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Eligibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled people
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00672230
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-T-93-17, DOT-VNTSC-FTA-93-6
- Files: NTL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 16 2001 12:00AM