ROAD HAZARD IN THE NETHERLANDS 1980-1993
VERKEERSONVEILIGHEID IN NEDERLAND 1980 T/M 1993
This paper contains the texts that are included in the Policy Information System for Road Safety (BIS-V) computer program. A number of both graphics and tables belonging to these texts were selected from BIS-V. The paper and BIS-V describe the road hazard in the Netherland for the 1980-1993 period. They also contain road hazard forecasts for the year 2010. The information in BIS-V has been attuned to the needs of the BIS-V users. BIS-V has been developed for the employees of both the general administration and of the regional directorates of Rijkswaterstaat. The development of BIS-V was commissioned by the Transport Research Centre (AVV) of Rijkswaterstaat. The most important classification of the contents of BIS-V is according to a number of fields of interest. The fields of interest consist of the spearheads taken from the Multi Year Programme on Road Safety (MPV). These include: (1) the use of alcohol in traffic; (2) maximum speeds; (3) seat belts; (4) dangerous situations. These are distinguished into road sections and junctions; (5) bicycles and mopeds; and (6) heavy traffic. This is distinguished into lorries, buses, and delivery vehicles. Another field of interest is monitoring road safety. A few indicators belong to each field of interest.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 120 p.
- Issue Number: R-94-30
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Buses; Computer programs; Crash severity; Delivery vehicles; Forecasting; Highways; Injuries; Injury severity; Intersections; Intoxication; Manual safety belts; Mopeds; Speed; Trend (Statistics); Trucks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00671094
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: TRL
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jan 24 1995 12:00AM