THE EVALUATION OF THE DIFFUSION OF "THROUGH TRAFFIC" I; FINDINGS REGARDING THE EDUCATION BOX "THROUGH TRAFFIC"
DE EVALUATIE VAN DE INVOERING VAN DOORGAAND VERKEER I; BEVINDINGEN TEN AANZIEN VAN DE LESKIST DOORGAAND VERKEER
This paper synthesizes the main findings and conclusions of the three stages and subprojects of which the evaluation project of the education box "Doorgaand Verkeer" (Through Traffic) consisted. The diffusion of the box in the realm of secondary education was investigated by the Dutch Traffic Safety Centre (VSC). The three subprojects of which each stage consisted were: (1) the analyses of contents and learning goals of the materials; (2) the investigation of use and feasibility of materials amongst teachers and pupils; and (3) an evaluation of learning effects on pupils. The materials from the box offer ample opportunities to attain learning objectives developed in the project "Task-analyses of cyclists and moped riders". However, the materials from the box on both anticipating on and on reacting to risks are inadequate. The effects of the use of materials from the box on pupils are most consistent with regard to the increase in knowledge. Generally, the education box offers opportunities to develop systematic traffic education programmes (curricula). However, the materials on this subject are not fully adequate. Stimulating traffic education was one of the major goals of developing and distributing the education box. This goal appears to be achieved.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9068072323
RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGEN, VERKEERSKUNDIG STUDIECENTRUM VSCP O BOX 69
HAREN, Netherlands 9750 AB
- BRINKS, J
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- Issue Number: VK 91-19
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Children; Comprehension; Economic efficiency; Education; Evaluation and assessment; Personnel; Safety; Schools; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00671079
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: TRL
- ISBN: 90-6807-232-3
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jan 24 1995 12:00AM