PREPARATION OF THE BRL TANK CAR TORCH FACILITY AT THE DOT, TRANSPORTATION TEST CENTER, PUEBLO, COLORADO
The Tank Car Torching Facility was designed and fabricated on a site located at the Transportation Test Center, Pueblo, Colorada. The torch configuration was calibrated and the operational procedures and requirements determined. A series of thirteen (13) tests were run on specimen tank car plates, both bare and thermally insulated with the two different coatings. This report concerns itself with the instrumentation and procedural requirements; however, none of the data from these tests are reported at this time. The next phase of the program is briefly discussed.
Ballistic Research LaboratoryAberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen, MD United States
- Townsend, W
- Markland, R
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire resistant coatings; Fire retardants; Fires; Heat insulating materials; Measuring instruments; Protective coatings; Railroad materials; Steel; Tank cars; Temperature measurement; Test facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Fire retardant coatings; Tank car construction materials
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00132205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D 76-72 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AR-30026
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM