EVALUATING SHIPBOARD PAINT AND FLAMMABLE LIQUID STORAGE LOCKERS; FINAL REPT
This report provides an evaluation of the hazards associated with shipboard paint and flammable liquid storage lockers on merchant ships. The report also analyzes proposed modifications of the SOLAS regulations addressing fire suppression requirements for paint lockers. Finally, conclusions and recommendations are made for improvement in the regulations for fire and explosion protection of paint locker spaces. Fire, Suppression systems, Paint lockers, Hazard analysis, Flammable liquids, Deflagration, Combustible liquids, Explosion, Storage.
- Prepared in cooperation with Worcester Polytechnic Inst., MA 01609- 2280.
Hughes Associates, Incorporated3610 Commerce Drive, Suite 817
Baltimore, MD United States 21227-1652
Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development
Washington, DC United States
- Nelson, H E
- Budnick, E K
- Gewain, R G
- Siegmann, C W
- Publication Date: 1994-2
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Composite materials; Explosions; Fire fighting; Fires; Flammability; Handling and storage; Hazards; Paint; Protection; Regulations; Ships; Specifications; Storage facilities; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deflagration; Fire hazards; Fire suppression systems; Modifications; Requirements; Shipboard
- Old TRIS Terms: Test and evaluation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00670557
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-06-94
- Contract Numbers: DTCG39-92-D-E38K37
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1995 12:00AM