SURVEYING METHODS FOR LOCAL HIGHWAY DEPARTMENTS
This manual was prepared for a training course on basic surveying methods for local highway departments to provide highway officials with some basic concepts about surveying. The course and this reference book are intended for town, village, county, and city highway officials, street foremen, construction supervisors, and others who want to learn about basic surveying methods, and whose knowledge and experience with surveying techniques is limited. Topics include how to bank a curve, crown a road, check a grade, take elevations on each end of a culvert, and determine pipe length.
Cornell Local Roads ProgramTechnology Transfer Center
Ithaca, NY United States 14853
- Cooney, P F
- Publication Date: 1994-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Cross sections; Culverts; Highway departments; Manuals; Methodology; Surveying
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00670439
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CLRP Publication 94-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 20 1994 12:00AM