REVIEW AND ANALYSIS OF ASAP ENFORCEMENT EFFORTS
This Final Report recapitulates and summarizes the work of a contract on Review and Analysis of ASAP Enforcement Effort. The major sections of the report are contained in four volumes. Volume 1, Methods for Recording the Behavior of Drinking Drivers, describes the recording function of ASAP enforcement in terms of video tape recoding, audio recording and the forms and documents which are used. Volume 2, Sobriety Testing, includes information on psychomotor tests, pre-arrest breath screening and evidentiary testing with emphasis on the last topic. Volume 3, Deployment Strategies, addresses the general question of how personnel and equipment were deployed for maximum enforcement effectiveness. This volume is primarily focused on administrative topics in contrast to the other three which are devoted to certain operational aspects of enforcement. Volume 4, Overall Enforcement, addresses the process of enforcement in sequential terms with chapters devoted to detection, apprehension, transport, incarceration, testimony and adjudication. This Final Report is based on information collected between September 1974 and March 1975 in 22 of the 35 ASAP enforcement countermeasures. The first chapter of each volume consists of a summary of the factual information encountered in the 22 sites. This is followed by conclusions and recommendations.
- Sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
Planning and Human Systems, Incorporated3301 New Mexico Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20016
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 570 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Alcohol breath tests; Behavior; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Law enforcement; Videotapes
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00132185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rept. DOT/HS 801692 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: OT-HS-4-00938
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM