SHIP NAVIGATION SIMULATION STUDY, HOUSTON-GALVESTON NAVIGATION CHANNELS, TEXAS. REPORT 2. HOUSTON SHIP CHANNEL, BAYOU SEGMENT
The Houston/Galveston Navigation Channels are located along the Gulf of Mexico Coast in eastern Texas. A navigation study was conducted for the channels, including a real-time ship simulation of the project area to determine a cost-effective channel design for safe navigation. The capability of large loaded vessels to meet and pass is the primary factor in determining safe channel width. In the highly restricted channel, both bank and ship interaction effects are significant factors in conducting bow-on meeting and passing maneuvers.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Webb, D W
- Daggett, L L
- Publication Date: 1994-4
- Pagination: 168 p.
- TRT Terms: Channels (Waterways); Cost effectiveness; Navigation; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Channel width; Navigation channel
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00670243
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-TR-HL-94-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 7 1994 12:00AM