METHOD FOR DETERMINING RISK TO GROUND FACILITIES FROM AIRCRAFT ACCIDENTS
This paper has attempted to outline the steps necessary to perform a credible assessment of the risk to ground facilities from aircraft accidents. Some preliminary aircraft accident and operation data at the Amarillo International Airport in Texas were presented as an example. Future work would require estimating the location of the accidents as a function of distance from the runways and overlaying this estimate with the location of various facilities near Amarillo.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory7000 East Avenue
Livermore, CA United States 94550
- Kimura, C Y
- Bennett, C T
- Publication Date: 1993-3
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Crash data; Crash locations; Risk assessment
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground facilities
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00670224
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCRL-JC-115410, CONF-940312-28
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 5 1994 12:00AM